AngloGold Ashanti Limited is a global gold mining company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa. The company has 20 operations on 4 continents and several programs for exploration of new sites. In 2010, the company produced 4.52 million ounces of gold, generating $5.3 billion in gold income. At the end of 2010, their gold reserves totaled 71.2 million ounces. The company's primary listing is on the JSE Limited, though they are also traded on stock exchanges in London, Paris, and Ghana.
Company Mission Statement
"We create value for our shareholders, our employees and our business and social partners through safely and responsibly exploring, mining and marketing our products. Our primary focus is gold and we will pursue value creating opportunities in other minerals where we can leverage our existing assets, skills and experience to enhance the delivery of value." 
- Mariana Resources Announces Investment By AngloGold - ADVFN - 17 November 2011
AngloGold operates six deep-level mines and one surface operation in South Africa.
- The Vaal River Operations
- Great Noligwa, Kopanang, Moab Khotsong and surface operations. A fourth deep-level mine in this region was sold in 2011.
- The West Wits Operations
- Mponeng, Savuka, and TauTona, collectively produced 1.78 million ounces of gold in 2010 with 1.46 million pounds of uranium byproduct.
The mineral resources in South Africa totaled 97.9 million ounces at the end of 2010, including an ore reserve of 30.38 million ounces.
AngloGold has 8 mining operations in its continental Africa region (which excludes South Africa).
- Iduapriem and Obuasi in Ghana
- Siguiri in Guinea
- Morila, Sadiola and Yatela in Mali
- Navachab in Namibia
- Geita in Tanzania
Combined production from these sites was 1.49 million ounces in 2010, down 6% from the previous year. AngloGold also conducts greenfield exploration in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, focused on the Mongbwalu concession and the Kibali joint venture the the DRC government and Randgold Resources.
Sunrise Dam is the company's only operating mine in Australia. Production at the site was down 1% in 2010 to 396,000 ounces, or nearly 9% of group production.
Another mine is being developed in Western Australia along with joint venture partner Independence Group Limited (30%) called the Tropicana mine. Production is scheduled to begin by 2013.
- Cripple Creek & Victor Mine in the United States
- Cerro Vanguardia Mine in Argentina
- Córrego do Sítio Mineração and Serra Grande Operations in Brazil
The Americas represent an important area of growth for AngloGold. Production from these sites increased 3% in 2010 to 842,000 ounces of gold, or 18.7% of group production. The total mineral resource for the region was 44 million ounces in 2010, with 10 million in ore reserves.
The company also conducts greenfield exploration in the region, primarily in Columbia.