|Type||Public limited company|
Cannabis Science Inc. is a start-up biotech company based in Colorado Springs, CO. Cannabis Science was incorporated in 2009 and trades publicly under the ticker CBIS on the OTC Bulletin Board (OTCBB:CBIS). Their goal is to get Cannabis based medicines approved by the FDA, with current focus on Skin Cancer (basal and squamous cell carcinomas) and HIV as stated in Press Releases:
- "Cannabis Science, Inc. is at the forefront of cannabinoid research and development for unmet medical needs. The Company works with leading experts in HIV drug development, medicinal characterization, and clinical research to develop, produce, and commercialize Phytocannabinoid-based pharmaceutical products. Cannabis Science is currently working with CBR International to develop a Pre-IND Application to the FDA that focuses on the use of CS-S/BCC-1 topical cannabis-based preparations for the treatment of basal and squamous cell carcinomas."
The Current CEO and president of Cannabis Science is Robert Melamede Ph.D. the former Chairman, and current professor, of the Biology Department at University of Colorado, Colorado Springs.
Cannabis Science aims for two product groups, over the counter products for skin care and prescription products for serious illness.
The main product of Cannabis Science is medical Cannabis. More specifically, they hope to use whole cannabis extracts containing THC and Cannabidiol along with the entire spectrum of cannabinoids and accessory terpenes, etc. Although medical marijuana is available in many states, it remains illegal at the federal level. For it to be approved as medicine for all Americans (and by proxy most of the earth) it must be approved by the FDA, and Cannabis Science is moving forward for this.
Over The Counter products
On top of the medicinal products, they are also in the process of producing over the counter skin products including Lip Balm, Sun-Screen, lotions for Eczema and Psoriasis, and a moisturizing lotion. These will utilize hemp seed oi], and possible non-psychoactive cannabinoids such as CBD.
Cannabis Science currently has four skin cancer patients who have self medicated using topical Cannabis Oil, and have provided the public with pictures showing the healing progression. The results are staggering, patients have their cancers killed and healed without surgery or harmful side effects . The results are especially dramatic for Patients two and three. Tumors, which being under the skin, are pulled to the surface, killed and expelled by the topical application of the oil.
- ↑ http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CBIS
- ↑ http://www.cannabisscience.com/news-a-media/press-releases/303-cannabis-science-appoints-former-glaxosmithkline-global-director-of-hiv-research-dorothy-bray-phd-to-scientific-advisory-board-focusing-on-cs-tati-1-and-other-emerging-scientific-investigations.html
- ↑ http://www.cannabisscience.com/news-a-media/press-releases/283-cannabis-science-continues-forward-with-fda-ind-process-as-patients-report-successful-cancer-treatments.html
- ↑ http://www.cannabisscience.com/download/patient1_april62011_casestudy_1.pdf; http://www.cannabisscience.com/download/2ndpatient_casestudy_feb072012.pdf; http://www.cannabisscience.com/download/patientthree_may162012_update7-1.pdf; http://www.cannabisscience.com/download/patientfour_feb012012_1.pdf